Friday, May 8, 2009

The New Star Trek Movie Rules!

It's been a challenging week involving hospitals and needles, all day meetings with lawyers, way too many early EARLY mornings and, worst of all, caffeine withdrawal (after 20+ years I finally gave up my daily 20 ounce Jug of Joe as of Monday and let's just say, the symptoms of withdrawal are real, and I have new found respect for heroin addicts.) And to top it off, I have to miss my nephew's wedding this weekend.

So.

On our way home tonight, the Mr. and I decided to check out the new Star Trek movie.

And can I just say....OMG. Stop what you're doing and GO SEE THIS MOVIE. It will not disappoint.

and this bears a repeat:

7 comments:

Debby said...

Gees. Sounds like a pretty rough week. Glad the movie helped.

A Novel Woman said...

Debby, simply put, my week sucketh, but it's over now. Yay! Say hello to the weekend.

yutha said...

Hope you have a better weekend than you did the week. We'll miss you at the wedding. And there is NOTHING that would make me see a Star Trek movie. Nothing. Sorry....Hey! my word is "cosma" - that's cool....

A Novel Woman said...

Oh Yutha, ya big baby. What if I threaten to post photos of you on my blog?

Trust me, the movie is an absolute gas.

Laura Bradbury said...

Dear Pam,

I really hope things get a little less medical for you guys over there. We must be connected on some higher plane, because I have also been going through a week of not fun medical crapola (not to mention obsessing at 4:00am) and am looking forward to another week of the same. Merdique.

Do you think Star Trek will be as good in French or should I hold out to see the original version? Can't wait, as I am a total Trekkie.

Bisous xo

Moi

A Novel Woman said...

Bisous, my dahling Laura.

Please hold out for the English version. The dialogue is worth it. And if you are a Trekkie, there are several "schwing" moments but not so many that it becomes campy.

Hope you're feeling better.

Lynne Sears Williams said...

Hello, Novel Woman! I loved the new Star Trek too and there were many roars of laughter from former
'Trekkies.' Fun show, packed to the rafters at a big screen movie house on a Saturday afternoon. Be well, pat Boris (or hide) and thanks for the 'embeds.'