Monday, October 19, 2009

See ya next week

I'm off to Surrey, British Columbia to attend the SiWC, one of the best writers' conferences on the planet. Go read my friend Kathy's blog post about it here. Or go to the SiWC website here to see what delights await. It's my absolute favourite conference on the planet. I attend workshops, network and spend time with my most excellent buddies. The atmosphere is warm and friendly and I usually come home pumped and ready to tackle any and all projects, both new and in progress.

I never take my laptop with me so no blogging. I barely have enough time to sleep a few hours every night because there is so much going on, so no blogging until my return next week. When I write at the conference, I do it the old-fashioned way - paper and pen, baby. (No, not a quill and ink. I'm not that old.)

Have fun without me. Go pick pumpkins. Jump in the fall leaves. Put on your snow tires. Unless you're in Australia, in which case, you are probably ready to go for a swim and a picnic.

I'll see you next week!

4 comments:

Claire G said...

You're absolutely right, I'm going for a picnic today, in fact :) Have a blast at Surrey- one day I'll get there!

Laura Bradbury said...

Dear Pam,

'Cept moi - I'll be seeing you this week. Chouette!

I'll also be taking a blogging hiatus during the four days. I need to log in my hours in the bar, after all...

Bises xo

Laura

BB said...

Oh - we'll miss you!! Would sooooo love to come to one of these with you one day. Sounds like heaven.

And I will most assuredly NOT be putting snow tyres on my car...
:-)
BB

A Novel Woman said...

Laura, there's a BAR in the hotel? Why, I never noticed that before.

Were you there the year we observed the U.K. rugby team lined up at the breakfast buffet? You know, there's always something interesting at the SiWC.

Claire, you will make it one day. Have fun at your picnic!

BB, it is the best writers' conference on the planet, truly. We have such a good time every year.

One more sleep!!!