Monday, November 1, 2010

Day one of Nanowrimo

Oh man, I had no idea what I was signing up for.

I stressed last night. I fretted, I whinged, I went through my old notebooks as I tried to figure out which of many story lines I was going to use for Nanowrimo.

I had several that were a little further along in the story, but the goal is to let loose with something new and fresh, to let the mind wander naked and free and see what happens during the process.

So I decided to go with a more "out there" concept, more flyé, as we say here in Quebec.

I've written more than I thought I would. Let's see how it goes when I get to "the soggy middle" sometime in mid-November.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're doing this because you CAN ...and because it inspires the rest of us to take up a challenge.

nightsmusic said...

WOW! You did good today! I won't start till later tonight. Hopefully, I can at least hit my minimum.

A Novel Woman said...

I'm doing this because I CAN'T (back out now.) Damn me and my public declarations...

nightsmusic said...

Ah yes, those da**ed public declarations we make that we wish we could take back the moment the last letter leaves our mouths.

But in this case, I have no doubt you'll make it :o)

Julie K said...

You -can- do this...go, you, go!!!

A Novel Woman said...

Thank. You. Jules. You. Rock!