Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Last night, well...

It was a magical night.

We went to see this Paul McFrickin'-Cartney.


I'm telling you, it was three solid hours of Awesome Sir Paul. The guy was a machine, never stopping for a break until the very end. The roar of the crowd brought him back for another 1/2 hour of encores. It was amazing to see people of my generation and older rocking away to his music, but also kids in their twenties, even pre-teens, totally into the music, dancing in their seats and pumping their arms in the air. I have to admit, I teared up at some of the songs and photos as we all remembered Linda and John and George. And I thought back to those endless summer days of my childhood, when I carried my transistor radio into a nearby field, and stretched out on a blanket to listen to the Beatles.

Happy, happy sigh.

9 comments:

Linda G. said...

Oh, man. I am green with envy. GREEN, I tell ya!

Diane T. said...

Oh, good! I'm going to see him on Sunday when he's here in Chicago. Now you've got me all excited! I've got the added benefit of being able to walk to the venue... Wrigley Field :-)

A Novel Woman said...

Sorry, Linda. Someday you must go. Make it happen!

Diane, you're going to LOVE this show. Your eardrums will be shot, but it's worth it. Hope you're going with someone you can hug. Everyone was hugging someone. It was a real love fest.

Diane T. said...

Oh, Pam... the whole eardrum thing had crossed my mind, especially when I realized we'd be sitting really close; but I shoved those thoughts aside 'cause it made me feel old (LOL).

Thankfully I'm going with one of my closest friends and my teenage son--an all-ages affair!

Rachel Chesnutt Blasdell said...

Oh yes!!!! I got to see him in Vegas in June at a private concert he did for the HP Technology Forum the night before he opened the north American tour. It was WONDERFUL!!! I figured out that I had waited 47 years to see a Beatle in concert and Sir Paul was worth the wait. I'm so glad you got to go!

Rachel Chesnutt Blasdell said...

Oh, there was just one teeny disappointment. See, when I first heard from my husband that he was the big concert this year, I began to lay my plans. I figured, well, he's in Vegas, I'm in Vegas. We'll run into each other somewhere, he'll fall in love immediately with me (no problem on my part as I've been in love for umteen years). Since I'm in Nevada, known for quickie divorces and quickie marriages, I figure I'd be Mrs. Sir Paul before the week was out. But then he got engaged to some 30 year old hussy. Well, he missed out. He couldv'e has ME!

A Novel Woman said...

Rachel, get in line, honey, right behind me.

I sent Paul a letter in 1964. I even swiped my mom's lipstick and put a lipstick kiss on the envelope. He never wrote back... I would have waited for him. Le sigh.

BB said...

Awesome... Beatles-mania revisited! Great to hear he has still 'got it'. And you and Rachel make me giggle with your evil planning to nab Paul with your letter writing and quickie divorces!
:-)
BB

Diane T. said...

Omigosh, Pam, the show last night was amazing! We couldn't believe his stamina, especially for someone who's 69. How does he do it? Fantastic show!