Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Ellen Page Rocks




I've loved Ellen Page since her early days on TV. She is a talented, down-to-earth, smart, CANADIAN gal who is going on to do great things. And, she is a childhood friend of my eldest daughter's boyfriend, who spent summers with her in Nova Scotia.

Ellen is one of those naturally gifted actresses, and in interviews comes across as a relaxed and mature young woman of consummate grace, even when being interviewed by the odious Babwa Walters. I loved Ellen's hint of an eyeroll when Babwa bullied her into a song in her pre-Oscar show, while trying to make it sound like Ellen agreed. We saw right through you, Babwa.

Anyhow, I stumbled across some vintage clips of Ellen, from her Pit Pony days to the classic Canadian Trailer Park Boys, and even an upcoming role in Smart People.

If you love Ellen too, go check them out:

http://ellenpage.org/html/movieclips.html#juno


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew I had seen Ellen Page somewhere before and it's been driving me crazy - Trailer Park Boys!! I can sleep now...
By the way, she's hosting SNL this Sat. night. Since H's boyfriend knows her, can you invite her to the cottage this summer while I'm there? Thanks.

A Novel Woman said...

Yutha, yeah sure, I'll get right on that and then you and Ellen can go off to the flea market and shop for Fiesta ware, and eat poutine together.

Lynne Sears Williams said...

Oh! Now I know why you were rooting for Juno. Looks like a great movie.
Bad news: I linked you to my blog.
Except you don't look quite right.