Wednesday, October 8, 2008

So it actually could be worse

A friend sent a photo to me after reading about my backyard mushroom trauma. These are growing at the side of her house. Note I said "these" because there are dozens of them. It's a different variety of stinkhorn than the one that showed up in my yard, a variety with the unfortunate but clearly apt name of Mutinus Caninus or Dog Stinkhorn.

She lives only a few blocks away.

I am afraid.

Very afraid.

It's like Mushroom Armageddon around here.


5 comments:

nightsmusic said...

Okay, the first one was really funny and fun to joke about but this one is just...so...wrong! LOL

Must be God's joke to the mushroom world.

Anonymous said...

Somehow, these are even more disturbing than the other photos. I'm going to have nightmares.

A Novel Woman said...

Hey, I'm not going to suffer alone.

And just to reiterate:

These are GROWING in my NEIGHBORHOOD.

I'm the one who should be having nightmares.

BB said...

I just spat coffee everywhere!!! Dear Lord. That is NOT RIGHT! IT was the ant/fly that did it for me. Euwwwwww!!! I have to show SSB now. We can be disturbed together!
:-o
BB

klasieprof said...

I ..I ...can't speak..I think I have to go touch myself..

ok..I don't think I can...


sorry..did I say that outloud?