Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pink Glove Dance

My friend Lesley, a strong capable nurse with a heart of gold and mad cooking skills, sent me this video. It went viral some time ago but I'd never seen it before, and seeing as I just got my mammogram and received the all clear, I thought I'd post this as a reminder to you gals out there to get your gals checked.

It all started with a Medline employee looking for a way to promote its Generation Pink gloves. So the staff at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center in Portland, Oregon in conjunction with Medline, put together this video. Medline has donated half a million dollars to the National Breast Cancer Foundation in the U.S. to provide free mammograms and education to those who can't afford it, and they are making another $100,000 donation this coming March. (They are not donating based on the number of hits to the video. A portion of sales from the pink gloves, a dollar a box, goes to the NBCF.)

I love how some employees are joyful, some are self-conscious, but all are having fun.

2 comments:

Diane T. said...

I got the biggest grin on my face watching that video--loved it! And for such a great cause. Cool!

Anne S. said...

What a fantastic video for a wonderful cause - thanks for the laugh!