Monday, February 22, 2010

This Is Why You're Fat

Ah, so that's what I've doing wrong!

My good friend, known in the comments section as Kathy Down The Road, sent a link to this book, THIS IS WHY YOU'RE FAT, where dreams become heart attacks by Jessica Amason and Richard Blakeley.

It's less a recipe book than an ode to junk food, featuring dishes like:

Smortuary

The Bodybag

Eggs Benedict Poutine (okay, I'd eat that)

Pork Skin Aspic in Jelly

and...

The Meat Baby

Read it if you dare. We have our own contenders here in Quebec. Just stop by any roadside stand and you'll see what I mean.

Can you handle the greasy truth? Go HERE if you dare. Kathy Down The Road made it to page three before she bailed. I made it to page six before I stopped and grabbed some carrot sticks.

What's your favourite "recipe" in the bunch?

No comments: