Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Great Read


My friend from the Compuserve Books and Writers Forum, Joanna Bourne, has just had her novel published and I have to shout it out here: GO AND BUY THIS BOOK. I'm only partway through it, but this is a great story, well told. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll want to let your family fend for themselves while you immerse yourself in the tale of THE SPYMASTER'S LADY. I haven't read a romance in ages, mostly because so many of them are poorly written, but this...oh, this is a story told by a master storyteller. I just want to hug this book and roll around on the floor with it, it's that good.

Ode to Jo

There once was a scribe named Jo Bourne,
Who embarked on a fruitful sojourn.
A novel completed,
That achievement, repeated,
Then an agent and deal, blow your horn!

In the forum, she helps each new crop,
without ego or guile, not a drop.
Sometimes semantic,
but never pedantic,
she’s our sesquipedalian cop.


Check out her blog from the list on the right. Then go buy this book.

8 comments:

NBB said...

Oh, that is WONDERFUL!!:)

She has the greatest way with words,
Whoever said writers are nerds?
We’re all now waiting,
For the world she’s creating,
In the second of hopefully three thirds.

I know, it's bad rhyming. :)

Susan Adrian said...

Hooray you! Hooray Jo!

Two poems in two days. You're on fire. {s}

A Novel Woman said...

Hey, not bad rhyming at all!

Thanks for dropping by.

A Novel Woman said...

Susan, it's actually an old poem I exhumed for Jo. *g*

I'm just reading the book now, and I lurve it.

Now, I just have to wait for yours...

Anonymous said...

Holy Dinah! I still have a crit Jo gave me from three or four years ago... How exciting that she's published! I'll pick that up asap.

Nice work on the poem too, my dear :)

A Novel Woman said...

Trudy, forget the poem. Jo's book ROCKS!

Anonymous said...

I just bought it. There was only one there, and I snagged it! Off to enjoy ...

A Novel Woman said...

Whoo hoo, Trudy! I know you're going to love it.

Make sure you tell the bookstore to re-order. We need to support our Jo.*g*