Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hidden Passageway

I've always dreamed of living in a house with a secret door that would lead me to hidden passages inside the house. It's the basis of some many children's books and fairytales. Now there's a company that will build you one, and with a flick of a candlestick, or the tug of a faux book in a library, you can enter a secret domain. You can write novels undisturbed. Or eat a box of cookies and watch Gone With The Wind without interruptions to check the hockey score.

How cool would it be to have a grandfather clock that lifts up to reveal a doorway to a secret closet, or a set of stairs that hides a complete room?

I want one. Check it out:

http://www.hiddenpassageway.com/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I just fell upon your blog, but this is the first post I read, and I am happy; I have ALWAYS dreamed (awake and asleep!) of having a house like that! Can't wait to check it out. Thanks.

A Novel Woman said...

Hey, Half-Past, nice to have you no matter how you got here!

Pretty cool, no? I think it's a common fantasy to have a secret door somewhere. That and a man servant to do my bidding.

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
Ooooh! I want! I want! (to quote my soon-to-be 4 yo!)I saved this link for when I get that million dollar advance for that sequel ( after, of course, my #1 best seller).

Or a great reference for understanding a hidden room used in said bestseller. Thanks!

kimb' (from compuserve, hi!)
www.theblessedthistle.blogspot.com

A Novel Woman said...

Hey Kimb!

I know. I thought it was the coolest. Does it make you want to go to people's homes and start twisting their candlesticks and pulling their books, or is that just me?