Saturday, April 9, 2011

Want a used Subaru?

Now that I've been driving my Subaru Outback for a little while, I can honestly say I love my Outback as much as I love my dog. And I love my dog.

No, I'm not selling it. (My car, not my dog. There are occasions where I might consider selling my dog. He eats thongs and Kleenex and shreds newspapers when I leave him alone for five minutes to go and buy him more ladeedah dog treats.)

Subaru owners are loyal (and, if I may say so, and with the greatest respect, slightly cracked.) This is because the Subaru doesn't die. Ever.

My friend Terry finally got a new one after driving her '97 for more than 400,000 clicks. And it was still road-worthy. You just can't kill 'em.

Real women drive the Subaru Outback.

And apparently, real men do too. Check out this ad for a used Subaru Impreza Wagon:

....read the rest here.

I think Quentin Tarantino wrote it. Maybe Oliver Stone.

I'm telling you, I'm never going to drive anything else.

Because that's what real women do.

3 comments:

BUSH BABE said...

My second car was a Subaru wagon. Adored it, but sold it to travel OS. Would get another in a heartbeat if we could fit!

Am a little confused with this post? Are you gathering buyer interest for your friend?
:-)
BB

A Novel Woman said...

Nah, I don't know him. But his ad cracked me up!

nightsmusic said...

I'd never driven a Subaru until I started test driving a variety of cars. (Yes, it's a real job!) I have to admit, I like them! But the Subaru I like best is the WRX. It is absolutely screaming awesome.