Saturday, April 9, 2011

Want a used Subaru?

Now that I've been driving my Subaru Outback for a little while, I can honestly say I love my Outback as much as I love my dog. And I love my dog.

No, I'm not selling it. (My car, not my dog. There are occasions where I might consider selling my dog. He eats thongs and Kleenex and shreds newspapers when I leave him alone for five minutes to go and buy him more ladeedah dog treats.)

Subaru owners are loyal (and, if I may say so, and with the greatest respect, slightly cracked.) This is because the Subaru doesn't die. Ever.

My friend Terry finally got a new one after driving her '97 for more than 400,000 clicks. And it was still road-worthy. You just can't kill 'em.

Real women drive the Subaru Outback.

And apparently, real men do too. Check out this ad for a used Subaru Impreza Wagon:

....read the rest here.

I think Quentin Tarantino wrote it. Maybe Oliver Stone.

I'm telling you, I'm never going to drive anything else.

Because that's what real women do.

4 comments:

BB said...

My second car was a Subaru wagon. Adored it, but sold it to travel OS. Would get another in a heartbeat if we could fit!

Am a little confused with this post? Are you gathering buyer interest for your friend?
:-)
BB

A Novel Woman said...

Nah, I don't know him. But his ad cracked me up!

nightsmusic said...

I'd never driven a Subaru until I started test driving a variety of cars. (Yes, it's a real job!) I have to admit, I like them! But the Subaru I like best is the WRX. It is absolutely screaming awesome.

Lance Gross said...

You’re never gonna drive any other car than the ones from Subaru? Now that’s loyalty! Your car and your dog are both lucky that you have that trait. Haha! But then, I guess both of them are incredible and considerably worth keeping anyway. Have a great day!

Lance Gross @ Royal On The East Side