Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Don't pooh-pooh this story

Perhaps it's an urban legend. Most of the stories that begin with "it didn't happen to me, but it was a friend of a friend" are usually bogus. Still, I couldn't resist something called "a true poo story" because as a journalist, I seek the truth in all things. Okay, I'm not a journalist, I'm just immature and these stories crack me up.

From Celebedge:

Toronto funny woman Renée Percy is officially viral. Her sketch "Sure Lock: A True Poo Story" has already logged 4.7 million views on YouTube and is just 150,000 hits away from becoming the most watched comedy ever to grace YouTube's Canadian channel. Which means that, appropriately, it's currently number two.

The sketch by the Air Farce writer is a mortifying little cautionary tale. "The story is apparently true," Renée tells us. "It didn't happen to me but the producer knows the person it happened to." The clip was pulled for five days before YouTube decreed that "non-sexually graphic dramatized urination or fecal matter is approved." "Hurray for non-sexually graphic poo!" Renee wrote in a statement. I think we can all sort of agree on that.

So, you be the judge. Even if it is total crap (sorry) it's still pretty funny. I promise my next post will be about baking or flowers or puppies or something classy and helpful, like when to use who vs whom.

11 comments:

Merrymags said...

OMG! O.M.G.!!! This has to be one of the funniest things I've EVER seen. Although, I almost barfed when the baggie containing her... um....business thumped onto the counter. It sounded almost as hard as a potato.

Midge

A Novel Woman said...

Clearly the woman has not been paying attention to Dr. Oz.

BB said...

Hey Pam... will check this out shortly (it's almost midnight Oz time and definitely past my bedtime!) but firstly need to clarify my position re: Canadians! We love 'em... Australians definitely feel an affinity to you guys (after all we too are "younger siblings" to the mighty U.S.) and all my friends who have travelled to Canada absolutely adore the place. It's on my TO DO list bigtime! I have a couple of American readers at my little blog and they are gorgeous - I was really 'having a go' at them for freaking out over my goanna posts... Thanks so much for adding me to your blog list (I am pretty green in blogland after a few years out of the journalism game - but on a sharp learning curve). And thanks also for the invite to writers group. Now if I could just find time to visit all these wonderful blogs AND have a life to blog about..
Hugs
BB

BB said...

OH MY GOD...
soooo funny! going to bed now!

Anonymous said...

Loved this one; it's PRICELESS.

A Novel Woman said...

Well, I was afraid two poo stories in a row would offend people, but then I realized I'm too old (and immature) to care about that stuff anymore.(g)

kc dyer said...

I hate to tell you this, my dear, but I am noticing a disturding trend in your posts lately...

~kc

A Novel Woman said...

Must be all the snow...makes one feel like sh--

klasieprof said...

OMG ...this was great. I saw it a couple weeks ago and had completely forgotten it.
Hys. Ter. I. Cal.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for mentioning my video in your blog! Glad you liked it!

The "Poo Lady"

A Novel Woman said...

Dear "Poo Lady"

No, no. Thank YOU.

It's an instant classic.