Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My Cat Photos

Ree Drummond AKA The Pioneer Woman is having another photo contest, this time for cat portraits. Bush Babe posted a couple and wondered if anyone else did too. Here are a few I sent in.

This is Kenzie, the little cat who showed up under our cottage porch during a thunderstorm last summer. She was a delight from the moment we met, but with two cats and a dog at home (to say nothing of my husband's reaction) there was no way we could keep her. Eventually she found a home with a woman in my town via the owner of the pet food shop I frequent. Oddly enough, Kenzie's new owner and I had met once before, some 10 years ago on a plane from London, and although we only chatted briefly about lost luggage we both remembered the other. By all accounts, she and Kenzie are now "soul mates" and I couldn't be happier.

Boris in the snow, with a typical Boris Face. A bit like Bucky the cartoon cat, no?

Kicia, about a third of the size of Boris, but ten times as fearless.










Boris is just yawning.

The end.
PS Here is Olivia, my sister's cat. Happy now?

9 comments:

BB said...

Loving these - esp the snow pic! Gorgeous!!
:-)
BB

Yutha said...

Hey! Where's Olivia??

A Novel Woman said...

Olivia is on my old computer. I can't get her. Hang on, I might be able to retrieve her from an old post in here if I can find her. (It's not like she moves very fast...)

You be Beethoven, I'll be Bach.

Lottery Girl said...

Great photos as always!

Kenzie is a gorgeous kitty! While all the photos are wonderful, I do love the one of Boris in the snow. It's very evocative, and you can't help wonder if there is a story there.

Your photos make me miss my kitties!

A Novel Woman said...

Boris is just a funny old guy. He seems quite fierce and he's gained a bad rap in the 'hood for fighting, but he's a sweet gentle boy. When he wants in, he just sits by the door, resigned, like he's waiting for opposable thumbs to magically appear.

Linda G. said...

I adore Boris. He just looks like he could kick your butt without batting an eye, and then expect you to open a can of tuna for him. Happily.

A Novel Woman said...

Boris COULD kick your butt, but he chooses not to. He's really a gentle giant. He's mostly aloof, but then he chooses to snuggle and you feel so honoured. Crazy old boy. I love him.

Debby said...

The look on Boris' little furry face in the snow is probably not all that different from my 'snow' face. Kenzie is really a beautifully marked little cat.

Yutha said...

Happy now...