Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Pioneer Woman's New Photo Contest

Check out The Pioneer Woman's latest photo contest. The theme is green. Here are some of the "green" photos I pulled out of my archives. Not sure which ones to submit.

Which are your favourites, on the theme of green?

1. Gift bag

Number 2. Drops of Water

3. Columbine
4. Lily-of-the-valley
5. Strange Alien Plant (yes, that's the official name for it, from the Latin Plantus Alienus)

6. Hope springs eternal

7. Lady's mantle
8. Kathy Down The Road's hedge (I don't know what this is, but it's pretty. Like KDTR)

9. A Kid'll Eat Ivy too, wouldn't you?

10. Hosta La Vista, baby
11. Tulips are better than wan

12. A handcrafted dishcloth just makes doing the dishes more fun. Not.

Thoughts?

15 comments:

Julie K said...

I likes number 2 and number 12...go for it :)

Debby said...

I love the lily of the valley picture. That is pretty awesome. Let me head on over to see what BB is entering.

Elizabeth Munroz said...

I like the aliens. Great pictures!!!

Lottery Girl said...

Gee, whiz! They're all lovely, but I do love number 2, the drops of water best. Drops of water are always gorgeous, but this one is so different with the unusual shape of the green. Love the way the big drop magnifies what's under it.

A Novel Woman said...

Drops of water are always well received, no?

I just like the colour green. It's my favourite.

BB said...

Lily of the Valley. Sorry Deb. No green at my place yet!!
:-)
BB

Linda G. said...

Number 2 and number 6. But 2 especially, because I really like water drops.

志竹 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Yup. Lily of the Valley.

kc dyer said...

Man, I love looking at your work. What an eye you have...

~kc

Yutha said...

I like Number 2 and Number 5

Anne S. said...

Strange Alien Plant photo is stunning!

A Novel Woman said...

You guys slay me.

BB said...

Which ones did you use?

And in a completely unrelated matter: I want a LIST of all things that you are phobic about. I have so far:

- live squirrels
- loose teeth
- spiders

I can see I am going to have to post "ANW ALERTS" at the top of all my posts!!
:-)
BB

Ev Bishop said...

Holy cats, gorgeous pictures, Pam. I didn't realize you were also a photographer.

I narrowed my favourites down to four initially: 2, 6, 10, and 11--but then thought that with the green theme there will probably be lot of flowers/nature -- so then decided to recommend 2, because it's absolutely spectacular, or 1 (which, I know didn't make my first pick, but is an amazing picture and will, I think, be a lot different from most of the submissions.)

Wow, I'm really helpful, hey? They're just all so good.

Best of luck with the contest!

:) Ev