Monday, March 2, 2009

My friend is having another baby!!



My good friend and writer extraordinaire, ms kc dyer, has written another wonderful novel only this time it's not a YA, it's a middle grade novel called A WALK THROUGH A WINDOW.

I've read it, and like her other novels, it rocks. From Random House:

A Walk Through a Window is the story of Darby, a young girl forced to spend the summer with grandparents she doesn’t know in a place she feels she can never belong. But when a boy down the street extends a hand, it is more than friendship he offers. Together they discover a magical stone window frame that transports them to the very centre of the dramas of our past: the Underground Railroad; the coffin ships of the Irish Potato Famine; and even the Inuit as they crossed the Bering Land Bridge into North America.

Over the course of the long, very strange summer, Darby is forced to question part of own her life. And as tragedy threatens her family, that magical walk through a window offers Darby new insight into the people she has always taken for granted – and changes forever her perception of Canada.

Read this great review here.

I laughed, I cried and I now I'm urging you go out and get this book, and also to recommend it to your school librarian. And if you can make it to the launch, come on over and say hello. I wish I could go, but I'll be there in spirit, karen! Oh, and check out her blog. There be prizes....

2 comments:

kc dyer said...

Thanks, Ms Pamela! The momentum for launch week continues as authors from across the continent get the 'Darby Interview' treatment.

I can feel your spirit (it's really thin and gorgeous!)

~kc

BB said...

Ha!! You guys... good luck with the book KC and would love to get my hands on one when they are available Down Under (and when I get the required couple of hours to speed read through it!!!). Oh to be a schoolgirl again and taking for granted the luxury of time needed to soak up a good novel ...
:-)
BB