Saturday, May 1, 2010

From the Ukraine

These clips have been making the rounds and a couple of people sent them to me via email. This woman won Ukraine's Got Talent.

Kseniya Simonova tells stories with sand painting.

Here's the performance that got her into the semi-finals.



She won with this performance. If you haven't seen it, set aside the few minutes it takes to watch it and be prepared to be blown away.

This is her interpretation of the story of Ukraine's invasion by Germany in WWII.

3 comments:

dykewife said...

amazing. simply amazing. the ww 2 video brought me to the brink of tears..this despite knowing that the most vicious guards on the trains to the death camps were ukranian, despite the war happened to the generation before mine, and despite my being in a country 1/2 a world away and not knowing the language.

A Novel Woman said...

I know. I had the same reaction.

Jayne said...

We were almost in tears, too, watching these paintings come to life.