Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Stupid Habit #429

Am I the only one who does this?

I hide things from imaginary thieves, but I am so thorough that I can't find them when I return home again and I need them.

I think I hid my external hard drive because I can't find it anywhere. (Which makes absolutely no sense, because I left my laptop on my desk.)

I say I "think" because I can't actually remember hiding it, which is stupid habit #428.

I could have written down its location at the time, but then I probably would have argued (with my neurotic self) what if the thief finds the piece of paper that says "External Hard Drive is hidden under the middle sofa cushion." I'd end up hiding the paper too and then, well, you know...

My MacBook is completely out of memory and is running slowly if at all.

I have no way to make back-ups or save my files.

Off to kick self and look under the middle sofa cushion.

If there are any thieves reading this, just try someone else's house. I've been looking for an hour with no luck and I live here so good luck to you. And we have an alarm system. Which begs the question, why did I....oh, never mind.

I'm an eejit.

6 comments:

Linda G. said...

I used to do that when I was pregnant. Not to scare you or anything... *grin*

So, if you were going to hide something right now, where would you put it? Maybe that's where you put the HD & forgot about it. Worth a shot, anyway.

kc dyer said...

I just got a pile more memory put into my MacBook. You might want to consider that as an option -- but still find that peripheral HD!

~kc

Yutha said...

Check your underwear drawer. That's where I hide stuff from the kid because I just KNOW she'd never look in the place I store my granny panties!

nightsmusic said...

I don't remember if I hide stuff. I do leave myself notes. For everything. Then I can't find the note...

Rachel Chesnutt Blasdell said...

You are not alone in this. Though I don't do it to hide it from possible thieves. I'll be tidying up the house for company, major holiday celebrations, etc, and I'll just 'tuck' an out of place object somewhere 'safe.' Which means that I'll never see it again. Sigh...

Debby said...

I still never found my Ipod. I know I put it someplace safe, though....