Monday, June 22, 2009

The Pioneer Woman Cooks up a Book!

Bless Ree Drummond's little country heart, her alter ego and mega-blogger extraordinaire The Pioneer Woman is publishing a cookbook.

Now a lot of her recipes contain more butter and cream than my local superstore's dairy case, and that's just....well...that's just...oh for crying out loud, if I'm being honest, that's pretty awesome actually. What's wrong with a bit o' butter and cream?

AB-so-lute-ly noth-ing.

That's where taste comes from, people! Do I make her chocolate sheet cake everyday? No. Do I want to? Never mind. The point is, that chocolate sheet cake is perfect for special occasions, like days that end in 'y'.

Some of The Pioneer Woman's recipes have become family favourites. Take Penne a la Betsy. (If you can - you have to move fast in this house because it disappears quicker than teenagers when it's time to do the dirty dishes.) The only recipe I haven't like so far is the Asian Noodle Salad - far too salty and garlicky for my tastes, but I just made a few adjustments like cutting back on the soya sauce and garlic and voila - crunchy, healthy awesomeness. And you can have chocolate cake for dessert, guilt free.

The Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Thingies is the next recipe I'm going to taste-drive. We have a cottage party coming up, and they look like the perfect appetizer to serve with cold beer on a hot summer's night by the lake. I'll let you know how they turn out.

9 comments:

Josee said...

I love it! I never knew she existed. I think I like her better than Clive Owen.

Debby said...

Man, that woman is everywhere, isn't she? More power to her.

Zips off to another blog...

BB said...

The woman is incredible... most incredible of all is how she keeps her figure with all that high-fat cookin'!! No fair...

And I am finally getting Deb's "zips off to another blog" line (she left it at my place too) - read her blog today and find out. She's climbed into a Ferrari!
:-)
BB

PS WHere do you find all the PW trailers? DO you search for them?

nightsmusic said...

You just had to post this, didn't you? Even though I'm trying my best to lose the 20 pounds I gained over the winter. *sigh*

Hey, Bush Babe. Is that you in the avatar? When are we going to get to see the whole gorgeous you?

A Novel Woman said...

JoJo, dahling, no one and nothing is better than Clive Owen. Le sigh. You did see him in GREENFINGERS, yes?

BB, zipping? blogging? Must investigate...

BB said...

Nightmusic - yeah that's me. Part of me. With a little Photoshop filter. There is a bit too much of the rest of me at the moment to share (unless I use it to motivate myself to lost weight!).

Here is a pic of 'all of me' from last year:
http://bushbabe.blogspot.com/2008/10/guest-post-lou-lou-visits-gg.html

Sorry Pam. You can have your blog back now if you like!!
:-)

A Novel Woman said...

Hey, chat away! And that's a great photo of you!

A Novel Woman said...

Forgot to answer - I stumbled across PW's trailer. I was googling a recipe or something and just found it!

nightsmusic said...

PAH! Jenny Craig! You're still gorgeous!

PW has the deadliest recipes. Awesome all, but don't eat more than a mouthful. *sigh* Me, I can't really even breathe in the fumes...