Saturday, April 17, 2010

Cool Ways to Use Wool

I can't remember who recommended this video to me, but thank you!

My mind is like one of those....those...you know, those thingies you use to rinse pasta, you know, the big round pot thingies full of holes, what do you call that damn thing, those whatchamacallits...oh, never mind. Do you SEE what I'm dealing with? COLANDER. That's it.

If you'd like to bop me upside the head in the comments section whoever you are, please feel free. I apologize for my lack of available brain cells. I believe the problem is hormonal, i.e., all my available energy is being diverted to my numerous Tropical Moments (enough to be considered a contributor to Global Warming) and it would appear there is nothing left for short term memory.



My unfinished knitting projects are all sitting in a big basket right now. I lost my mojo when Boris sabotaged my efforts with his projectile Vomitus Felinus (sounds so much better in Latin, doesn't it?) and my other favourite project (the gorgeous orange red silk blend) had to be unraveled and begun again after I couldn't ignore the skipped stitches and my botched efforts to fix them. I've been staring at the basket like a haunted woman.

I want to get back up on the horse, but that horse is a biter, man. That horse is mean. Like, glue factory mean. Perhaps if I feed it a sugar cube and let it run free for a while I can approach it again and go for another ride.

Also, I have a slightly compulsive nature when it comes to doing things exactly right, a trait a lot of knitters appear to share. While friends said they couldn't even see the missed stitches, I would know every time I wore that scarf and it would drive me berserk eventually.

I thought knitting was supposed to be relaxing, calming, soothing...?

Youngest will be back home again, and she will encourage me to take up the needles again. Stay tuned. More projects to follow. In the meantime, I shall post a photo of her most excellent socks and slouchy hat. They're both awesome. As is Youngest.

9 comments:

kc dyer said...

But where is the photo???

~kc, also fond of your Youngest...

Julie K said...

I believe I forced Eric to send it to you, after he received it from a knitter friend :)

And I agree with kc - where is the photo??

Julie K (who just started cross-stitching again after two months)

Deniz Bevan said...

You know what? I bet Youngest will help you in other ways - watching other people knit always gets my fingers itching to pick up my own projects!

A Novel Woman said...

YES!! ERIC!! AND JULIE!!

It's because I hardly ever go on Facebook, so I was going through my list in my head.

Relief.

A Novel Woman said...

Is the photo showing now?

Deniz Bevan said...

Um, am I missing something? You mean the photo of the colander?

A Novel Woman said...

Yup!

Deniz Bevan said...

Aww, I was hoping for a photo of the unfinished projects :-)

A Novel Woman said...

Soon, my dahlings....