Friday, April 9, 2010

Macro Madness

Enough about the damn dishwasher from H E double hockey sticks.

PIONEER WOMAN is having another photo contest, and this time the assignment is Macro shots. Here are a few I dug out of the archives. Feel free to shout out your favourites!

1. Dragonfly - (Why does this make me think of Robert DeNiro in Taxi Driver?)

2. Horsetail
3. Orchid
4. Milkweed
5. Love in a mist (I actually think I'm wrong about this being a skeletonized nigella leaf, but I like the title anyway so I'm leaving it as is. If you know what kind of leaf this is, let me know. Damn it Jim, I'm a photographer, not a botanist!)

6. Day Lily
7. Alium
8. Day Lily with Raindrop

9. Frost on the window

10. Day Lily Centre
11. Columbine
12. Hosta La Vista, Baby
13. Lilac
Lucky thirteen.

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

helgor said...

So pretty, all of them! My niece did a few macro shots of my sister's garden and I want to paint them all, they're so stunning. Love, love, love your day lily with the raindrop.

A Novel Woman said...

Ah, thanks! I don't drag out my macro lens that often, but when I do, it reveals a whole new world.

Unknown said...

I love macro shots. These are wonderful!
My personal favorite is the milkweed. They look like they should be a Muppet pair singing a song together.
Yeah, I know. I'm weird. :o)

Maureen said...

I like the colour, composition and great DOF of the day-lily center; second place goes to dragon fly because he is purple. Moster

Yutha said...

My two faves are the dragonfly (love the eyeballs) and the milkweed. Like the day lily too. (PS: we're almost great aunts again - yay!)

A Novel Woman said...

I got so excited when I saw that milkweed in the sun at the end of the driveway. But I'm weird like that.

I know Yutha, great-aunts! What a minute. I'm too young to be a great-aunt!

Lori Benton said...

Dragonfly and Milkweed! Those two I like in particular. Beautiful work!